Internationally known firearms manufacturer has an immediate full-time opening at our Paso Robles, CA location. Four-day workweek, 10-hour days, Monday through Thursday.
Warranty repair of firearms and restoration to factory specifications to include:
- Diagnosing problems with Weatherby rifles and shotguns
- Repair, replacement and fitting of small parts
- Repair or replacement of various types of stocks and fore ends
- Barrel replacement to include head spacing and chambering
- Refinishing firearms to a high gloss finish
- Black oxide coating of firearms
- Test firing rifles and shotguns for function and accuracy
- Fitting, chambering and head spacing custom barrels
- Fitting and installing custom sights and barrel band swivel studs
- Fitting and installing custom stocks
- Refinishing customer firearms to original factory specifications
- Damascening bolts and followers and checkering bolt knobs
- Installation of muzzle brakes
- Installation of customers’ scopes
- Test firing rifles for accuracy after custom work
- Preparation of firearms for shows and demonstrations and accuracy testing (includes mounting scopes)
- Cleanup and repair of firearms returning from shows/demonstrations
- Answer technical questions from service department representatives
- Understand the operation and functioning of rifles and shotguns and the interaction of their various parts
- Attention to detail to insure firearms are repaired properly and returned to factory specifications
- Work with service representatives to diagnose customer problems and keep them updated on progress using a computer reporting system
- Work with shop production planner to finish custom work and complete required work order documentation
- Use common hand tools to include files, chisels, hones, stock scrapers, and taps,
- Use machine tools to include drill press, mill, sanders and buffers
- Use a standard lathe to perform turning, facing, boring, and reaming operations, and cutting threads
- Polish firearms to a high gloss finish
- Knowledge of black oxide coating
- Knowledge of soldering and welding
Medical insurance, life insurance and 401K plan eligibility after probationary period.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily.
The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE:
Certificate of completion or degree from an in-residence gunsmithing school. General computer skills required.
Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals. Ability to write routine reports and correspondence.
Ability to apply concepts of basic mathematics.
Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form. Ability to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations.
Successful completion of lifting, vision, drug screen & background check.
If you have the skills, experience and background that match the requirements of this position, please submit your cover letter of introduction and your up-to-date resume by responding to Jalene John, firstname.lastname@example.org.