Accounts Payable Clerk
|Reports to: Controller||Department: Accounting & Finance|
|Full time/Part time: Part time||Exempt/Nonexempt: Nonexempt|
Responsible for carrying out accounts payable duties that include invoice entry, payment and reporting. The clerk also works closely with vendors, the CFO, accounting and other departments to ensure timely payments and maintenance of vendor invoices.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Invoice data entry
- Code invoices and/or match to receiving documents
- Sort, date stamp and distribute invoices for purchaser’s approval
- File receiving documents
- Process and mail checks approved and signed by CFO and COO
- Create miscellaneous A/R credit memos and invoices
- Prepare miscellaneous cash deposits (other than trade receivables)
- Select and prepare weekly check run for CFO’s approval
- File paid invoices
- Prepare Quarterly Excise Tax Report
- Reconcile Purchases Clearing Report
- Prepare Commission Report for payments to outside sales representatives
- Prepare annual 1099's
- Create and maintain new vendor files.
ADDITIONAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Other duties as assigned.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- Associate’s degree (A.A.) from two-year college or university; or six months to one year related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Ability to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations.
- Ethical Conduct
- Excellent English language written and oral communication skills
- Ability to read and interpret documents including safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals
- Ability to write routine reports and correspondence
- Ability to speak effectively before groups of customers or Weatherby employees
- Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form
- Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all United States units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals
- Ability to compute rate, ratio, and percent and to draw & interpret bar graphs
ACCOUNTABILITIES AND MEASURES:
- Meet objective goals assigned by the Controller during quarterly performance coaching
- Maintain timely and orderly work flow
- Maintain accuracy in coding invoices and preparing tax and commission reports
While performing the duties of this job the employee is required to acknowledge:
- Working expectations: This is largely a sedentary role, however while performing the duties of this job the employee is occasionally required to stand; walk; sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools or controls; reach with hands and arms; climb stairs; balance; stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl; talk or hear; taste or smell.
- Specific vision abilities required by the job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
- Weight requirement: Office/clerical- The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 42 pounds and carry up to 15 pounds.
AMERICANS WITH DISABILITY SPECIFICATIONS PHYSICAL DEMANDS:
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is not exposed to weather conditions. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate. This job operates in a clerical office setting, routinely uses standard office equipment including computers, telephones, photocopiers, filing cabinets and fax machines. While performing the duties of this job, this position may be exposed to the manufacturing/factory environment and be exposed to fumes or airborne particles, moving mechanical parts and vibration. The noise level in this work environment can be loud.
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER:
Weatherby is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. You will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.
If you have the skills, experience and background that match the requirements of this position, please complete and submit an employment application, cover letter of introduction and resume by responding to HR@weatherby.com.