Accounts Receivable Clerk
|Reports to: Controller||Department: Accounting & Finance|
|Full time/Part time: Full time||Exempt/Nonexempt: Nonexempt|
Responsible for carrying out accounts receivable duties that include credit/collections, cash application and customer account maintenance. The clerk also works closely with customers, accounting and other departments to ensure accurate posting of cash received and to resolve any customer account issues.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Retrieve check remittances from lock box and post to customer account
- Release eligible sales orders for shipment
- Run daily open sales orders and release for shipment
- Make collection calls, send past due letters or collection letters as needed
- Answer questions from customers regarding accounts
- Deposit and post checks that are sent directly to office
- Check all AR System alerts
- Retrieve credit card payments from authorize.net (web customers) and post cash
- Audit invoices and check for various discrepancies that include missed freight and backordered items that may have been shipped
- Process any credits that are due back to credit card customer and adjust customer account
- Review and process credit applications for potential new customers; send requests to references and run credit check on-line
- Review aging for any past due invoices and contact customer
- Research customer account problems and find resolution
- Create and email Potential Credit Issue report weekly to the sales department
- Print and review monthly statements and send to customers
- Process accounts to be sent to collections
- Send credit inquiries as needed.
ADDITIONAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Other duties as assigned.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- Associate’s degree (A.A.) from two-year college or university; or six months to one year related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Ability to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations
- Ethical Conduct
- Communication Proficiency
- Excellent English language written and oral communication skills
- Ability to read and interpret documents including safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals
- Ability to write routine reports and correspondence
- Ability to speak effectively before groups of customers or employees of organization
- Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral or diagram form
- Financial Management
- Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all United States units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals
- Ability to compute rate, ratio, and percent and to create and interpret bar graphs
ACCOUNTABILITIES AND MEASURES:
- Meet objective goals assigned by the Controller during performance coaching.
- Control shipments to only customers in good standing
- Accurately post collections.
While performing the duties of this job the employee is required to acknowledge:
- Working expectations: This is largely a sedentary role, however while performing the duties of this job the employee is occasionally required to stand; walk; sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools or controls; reach with hands and arms; climb stairs; balance; stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl; talk or hear; taste or smell.
- Specific vision abilities required by the job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
- Weight requirement: Office/clerical- The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 42 pounds and carry up to 15 pounds.
AMERICANS WITH DISABILITY SPECIFICATIONS PHYSICAL DEMANDS:
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is not exposed to weather conditions. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate. This job operates in a clerical office setting, routinely uses standard office equipment including computers, telephones, photocopiers, filing cabinets and fax machines. While performing the duties of this job, this position may be exposed to the manufacturing/factory environment and be exposed to fumes or airborne particles, moving mechanical parts and vibration. The noise level in this work environment can be loud.
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER:
Weatherby is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. You will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.
If you have the skills, experience and background that match the requirements of this position, please complete and submit an employment application, cover letter of introduction and resume by responding to HR@weatherby.com.