|Reports to: Vice President Manufacturing||Department: Manufacturing|
|Full time/Part time: Full time||Exempt/Nonexempt: Nonexempt|
Develop and execute material and service purchasing activities that are in alignment with daily business needs and strategic initiatives. Ensure supplier relationships provide the highest value to Weatherby with required performance levels of quality, delivery and cost.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Review purchase requisitions and place orders with approved suppliers. Prepare purchase orders, change order forms and documents.
- Analyze supplier schedules and provide documentation and direction for shipment, including shipment dates and scheduling requirements.
- Continuously review inventory, production schedules and sales requirements to anticipate and prevent delays, and coordinate a recovery plan if necessary.
- Manage the timely procurement of materials and supplies to meet requirements through the evaluation and improvement of ERP and MRP systems. Ensure the accuracy of system inputs and logic such as supplier scheduling, purchase orders, supplier maintenance, inventory transactions, cycle counting, bills of materials, routers, and item masters.
- Implement inventory strategies that achieve optimal balance between the need for operational flexibility and manufacturing flow, the expectation to minimize working capital requirements and to avoid write-offs due to obsolescence.
- Negotiate the best purchase agreements and contracts for Weatherby, addressing price, delivery, quality, terms, inventory exposure, noncompliance penalties, continuous improvement incentives and other associated considerations.
- Develop and maintain professional business relationships with supply base and internal customers through effective communication and interaction including site visits, video conferencing, phone call and email.
- Monitor and manage supplier performance on an ongoing basis to ensure on-time delivery and acceptable quality levels.
- Manage supplier performance with established quarterly metrics, facilitate reoccurring supplier meetings and address gaps in performance
- Develop and implement continuous improvement of supplier performance
- Evaluate supplier risk based on financial health, customer base, raw material supply chain, industry analysis, and geo-political and natural disaster exposure.
- Support internal continuous improvement through effective teaming with Manufacturing, Quality, Engineering, IT and Finance.
- Monitor industry trends (sourcing, technology, market price, etc.)
- Support physical Kanban card demand and movement in production.
- Responsibilities include complex, technical commodities such as mlastic moldings, wood stock, stampings, fasteners, machined parts, forgings, MIM, die castings, etc.
ADDITIONAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Other duties as assigned.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelor's Degree in Supply Management, Business or equivalent required.
- MRP/ERP experience required.
- Five or more years sourcing experience required.
- Excellent organization skills with strong attention to detail.
- Excellent skills in written and oral communication and teamwork.
- Work independently and possess a high level of self-motivation and initiative.
- Effectively able to problem solve, prioritize, and follow through on assignments and projects.
- Logical negotiation thought process.
- Strong understanding of managing cost, customers and supplier relationships.
- Basic math skills.
- Written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to work in teams and build consensus.
- Ability to understand technical specifications and corresponding supplier capabilities.
- Ability to develop and present proposals clearly and concisely.
- Knowledge of specific commodity's parts/suppliers and industry trends.
- Ability to work under pressure, balancing conflicting priorities and resource constrains.
- Excellent organization skills and ability to manage multiple tasks.
- Demonstrated ability to manage supply chain activity through an ERP system, including a strong understanding of MRP logic.
- Must have a functional understanding materials requirements planning, supplier scheduling, purchase orders, supplier maintenance, inventory transactions, cycle counting, bills of materials, routers, and item masters.
- Basic understanding of accounting principles for inventory valuation.
- Excellent PC skills: ability to use Microsoft Word, Excel, Powerpoint and Skype
ACCOUNTABILITY AND MEASURES:
- Meet objective goals assigned by Vice President of Manufacturing during quarterly performance coaching
- Meet Safety, Quality, Delivery and Cost targets in Mark V, Custom, Vanguard and Shotgun departments
While performing the duties of this job the employee is required to acknowledge:
- Working expectations: list such as stand; walk; sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools or controls; reach with hands and arms; climb stairs; balance; stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl; talk or hear; taste or smell. The employee will be subject to prolonged standing. The employee must be able to manipulate and assemble small parts.
- Specific vision abilities: list such as close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
- Weight requirement: The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 56 pounds and push/pull up to 52 pounds.
AMERICANS WITH DISABILITY SPECIFICATIONS PHYSICAL DEMANDS:
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is not exposed to weather conditions. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate. This job operates in a clerical office setting, routinely uses standard office equipment including computers, telephones, photocopiers, filing cabinets and fax machines. While performing the duties of this job, this position may be exposed to the manufacturing environment and be exposed to fumes or airborne particles, moving mechanical parts and vibration. The noise level in this work environment can be loud.
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER:
Weatherby is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. You will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.
- Valid Driver's License and proof of insurance
If you have the skills, experience and background that match the requirements of this position, please complete and submit an employment application, cover letter of introduction and resume by responding to HR@weatherby.com.