|Reports to: Vice President of Finance||Department: Finance|
|Supervises: Accounts Receivable; Accounts Payable; Accounting|
|Full time/Part time: Full time||Exempt/Nonexempt: Exempt|
The Controller is responsible for the accounting operations of the company including supervision of the accounting department, production of periodic financial reports, maintenance of accounting records and of a comprehensive set of controls and budgets designed to mitigate risk, enhance the accuracy of financial results and ensure that reported results comply with generally accepted accounting principles.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES (other duties may be assigned):
- Responsibility, authority and accountability for overseeing the operations and personnel within the accounting department
- Prepare and review financial statements
- Prepare and review journal entries for various business activities
- Calculate budget variances and report significant issues to management
- Maintain a documented system of accounting/operation policies and procedures that include a system of controls over accounting/operation transactions
- Perform audits on company accounting practices and procedures
- Identify and implement methods to improve system and business performance and increase productivity
- Coordinate and execute activities in connection with quarterly and annual audits performed by bank and outside independent auditors
- Perform daily accounts receivable roll forward, sales reporting and cash reconciliation
- Monitor inventory costs, gross profit, and purchase price variance reports for discrepancies and make adjustments as needed
- Prepare and review inventory adjustments
- Provide financial analyses as needed, in particular for capital investments, pricing decisions, LIFO/FIFO tax calculations, rebate calculations and contract negotiations
- Monitor debt levels and compliance with debt covenants
- Assist in monitoring the MAS ERP (accounting and business management software) system and configure and/or troubleshoot to meet business requirements
- Assist with the implementation of a new ERP (enterprise resource planning) system to align with the Weatherby business requirements
- Ad-hoc management information reporting.
- This position manages employees and is responsible for the performance, management and hiring of those employees.
- Every Weatherby supervisor is required to provide a safe and effective working environment and to support the well-being of each employee through awareness, education and appropriate training of drug and alcohol issues.
ADDITIONAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Other duties as assigned.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
EDUCATION/CERTIFICATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelor's degree in accounting or business administration, or equivalent business experience with 10+ years of progressively responsibility in a major company or division of a large corporation.
- Preferred Certified Public Accountant, Certified Management Accountant or MBA
- Ability to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations
- Ethical Conduct
- Personal Effectiveness/Credibility
COMPETENCY IN COMMUNICATION:
- Excellent English language written and oral communication skills
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals
- Ability to write routine reports and correspondence
- Ability to communicate effectively with customers, vendors, auditors and employees
- Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral or diagram form
COMPETENCY IN TECHNICAL AND FINANCIAL MANAGEMENT:
- Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions and decimals.
- Ability to compute rate, ratio, and percent and to create and interpret graphs
- Ability to design complex spreadsheets and extract data from business systems
ACCOUNTABILITIES AND MEASURES:
- Meet objective goals assigned by the CFO during performance coaching
- Achieve accurate, on time reporting
- Identify and explain variance in plan
- Manage and collect receivables.
While performing the duties of this job the employee is required to acknowledge:
- Working expectations: This is largely a sedentary role, however while performing the duties of this job the employee is occasionally required to stand; walk; sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools or controls; reach with hands and arms; climb stairs; balance; stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl; talk or hear; taste or smell.
- Specific vision abilities required by the job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
- Weight requirement: Office/clerical- The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 42 pounds and carry up to 15 pounds.
AMERICANS WITH DISABILITY SPECIFICATIONS PHYSICAL DEMANDS:
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is not exposed to weather conditions. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate. This position generally operates in a professional office environment and routinely uses standard office equipment including computers, phones, photocopiers and filing cabinets. While performing the duties of this job, this position may be exposed to the manufacturing environment and may be exposed to fumes or airborne particles, moving mechanical parts and vibration. The noise level in this work environment can be loud.
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER:
Weatherby is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. You will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.
If you have the skills, experience and background that match the requirements of this position, please complete and submit an employment application, cover letter of introduction and resume by responding to HR@weatherby.com.