Customer Service Manager
|Reports to: VP Sales & Marketing||Department: Customer Service|
|Supervises: Customer Service Representatives|
|Full time/Part time: Full time||Exempt/Nonexempt: Exempt|
This role is responsible for product and customer support, service, solutions and resolution to our consumer level customers. Our team seeks to delight our customers through excellent interactions over the phone, through email and face to face. Whether a consumer is interested in a new firearm or they need advice regarding their existing Weatherby firearm, we intend to service them well, stand behind our products and build brand loyalty.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES (other duties may be assigned):
- Ensure that the customer is delighted with the product and with the service received at every touchpoint.
- Identify and implement methods of monitoring and moderating social media channels
- Develop, execute and improve upon department procedures, policies, and plans to meet business objectives
- Foster a collaborative environment along with effective knowledge-base management in order for your team to service the customer with excellence.
- Use technology to facilitate collaboration for ease of knowledge transfer and cross training
- Recommend improvements of product, packaging, shipping methods, service, billing methods and procedures to avoid recurring customer complaints
- Assist and advise Customer Service Representatives on handling difficult customer complaints and take an active role in cases requiring de-escalation.
- Solicit sale of new or additional services
- Collect appropriate data and develop departmental KPI’s for continuous improvement
- Learn the existing general functions of the Customer Service Reps in order to fully understand and improve upon their workflow and team dynamics
- This position manages employees and is responsible for the hiring, firing and performance management of those employees. At Weatherby, we supervise others with a coaching mentality and excellent communication. People skills are essential.
- Every Weatherby supervisor is required to provide a safe and effective working environment and to support the well-being of each employee through awareness, education and appropriate training of drug and alcohol issues.
ADDITIONAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Other duties as assigned.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required.
EDUCATION/CERTIFICATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelor’s degree (B.A.) from four-year college or university is preferable; or equivalent combination of education and experience. Associate’s degree (A.A.) from two-year college or university; or 1-2 years related experience and/or training
- Minimum 2 years experience in customer service field; firearm knowledge is perferred
- Communication proficiency
- Excellent English language written and oral communication skills
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions and procedure manuals
- Ability to write routine reports and correspondence
- Ability to speak effectively before groups of customers or employees of organization
- Technical Capacity
- Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of United States measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals
- Ability to compute rate, ratio, and percent and to create and interpret bar graphs
- Problem Solving/Analysis
- Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral or diagram form
- Ability to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations.
- Business Acumen
- Customer/Client Focus
- Process Management
- Teamwork Orientation
ACCOUNTABILITY AND MEASURES:
- Working expectations: This is largely a sedentary role, however while performing the duties of this job the employee is occasionally required to stand; walk; sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools or controls; reach with hands and arms; climb stairs; balance; stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl; talk or hear; taste or smell.
- Specific vision abilities: Specific vision abilities required by the job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
- Weight requirement: Office/clerical- The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 42 pounds and carry up to 15 pounds.
Meet objective goals assigned by Vice President Sales & Marketing during performance evaluations.
While performing the duties of this job the employee is required to acknowledge:
AMERICANS WITH DISABILITY SPECIFICATIONS PHYSICAL DEMANDS:
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is not exposed to weather conditions. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate. This job operates in a clerical office setting, routinely uses standard office equipment including computers, telephones, photocopiers, filing cabinets and fax machines. While performing the duties of this job, this position may be exposed to the manufacturing environment and be exposed to fumes or airborne particles, moving mechanical parts and vibration. The noise level in this work environment can be loud.
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER:
Weatherby is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. You will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.
If you have the skills, experience and background that match the requirements of this position, please complete and submit an employment application, cover letter of introduction and resume by responding to HR@weatherby.com.