Customer Service Representative
|Reports to: Customer Service Manager||Department: Customer Service|
|Full time/Part time: Full time||Exempt/Nonexempt: Nonexempt|
This role is about delighting customers and assisting them in getting the most satisfaction with their Weatherby product. By providing excellent customer support, service, solutions and resolution to issues, we build brand loyalty which equates to higher repeat sales. Customer Service Reps will handle every touchpoint with the consumer in a way that is patient, informative and helpful, while balancing business objectives.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Execute department program procedures, policies, and plans to meet objectives
- Answer customer questions about available merchandise, dealer locations, technical support and warranty information
- Enter consumer orders and take payment for applicable consumer sales not requiring FFL
- Create service orders and prepare RMA for the return of customer’s firearms for customization or technical complaints
- Address customer complaints in a helpful and positive way
- Determine the best route to resolve any product issues
- Collaborate with gunsmiths to learn and apply easy fixes for the customer
- Ensure follow-up with the customer to confirm satisfactory complaint resolution and customer satisfaction
- Recommend improvements to avoid recurring customer complaints
ADDITIONAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Other duties as assigned.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- Associate’s degree or higher preferably in related field; or one to two years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience; firearm knowledge is preferred
- Communication proficiency
- Excellent English language written and oral communication skills
- Ability to read, analyze, and interpret technical procedures and governmental regulations
- Ability to write professional emails
- Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram or schedule form.
- Presentation skills
- Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from customers and the general public.
- Process management
- Ability to learn and use Weatherby software system(s)
- Ability to prepare documents using Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Adobe Acrobat Professional
- Business Acumen/Problem Solving/Analysis
- Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardizations exist
- Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, interest, commissions, proportions, percentages, area, circumference, and volume
- Ability to apply concepts of basic algebra and geometry
- Customer/Client Focus
- Technical Capacity
ACCOUNTABILITY AND MEASURES:
Meet objective goals assigned by Customer Service Manager during quarterly performance coaching.
While performing the duties of this job the employee is required to acknowledge:
- Working expectations: This is largely a sedentary role, however while performing the duties of this job the employee is occasionally required to stand; walk; sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools or controls; reach with hands and arms; climb stairs; balance; stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl; talk or hear; taste or smell.
- Specific vision abilities: Specific vision abilities required by the job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
- Weight requirement: Office/clerical- The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 42 pounds and carry up to 15 pounds.
AMERICANS WITH DISABILITY SPECIFICATIONS PHYSICAL DEMANDS:
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is not exposed to weather conditions. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate. This job operates in a clerical office setting, routinely uses standard office equipment including computers, telephones, photocopiers, filing cabinets and fax machines. While performing the duties of this job, this position may be exposed to the manufacturing environment and be exposed to fumes or airborne particles, moving mechanical parts and vibration. The noise level in this work environment can be loud.
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER:
Weatherby is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. You will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.
If you have the skills, experience and background that match the requirements of this position, please complete and submit an employment application, cover letter of introduction and resume by responding to HR@weatherby.com.