Director of Product Management
|Reports to: Chief Executive Officer/President||Department: Product Management|
|Supervises: Product Manager and/or Product Admin|
|Full time/Part time: Full time||Exempt/Nonexempt: Exempt|
This role is a critical and high leverage function that will enable Weatherby to define, prioritize, build, release and promote our products. The Director of Product Management is responsible for translating product requirements from multiple internal and external sources, prioritization to meet short and long-term business needs and coordination of product releases as well as product discontinuation. The PM executes the strategic plan through collaboration amongst all stakeholders including Marketing, Finance, Sales, Engineering and Supply Chain. At the same time, this role must focus on delighting customers with the products they champion.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES (other duties may be assigned):
- Translate requirements, set short run priorities and coordinate releases
- Manage product selection to conform to the brand strategy
- Partner with worldwide sourcing network to ensure brand strategies are understood and supportedv
- Contribute to sales goals to achieve market share objectives for products and/or services
- Communicate sales objectives to purchasing for demand planning accuracy and monitor trends for increased efficiency
- Communication of approval process and status for each product
- Assist Marketing in development and execution of marketing plans and programs, both short & long range, to ensure expansion of company products and/or services
- Represent Weatherby brands at trade shows and media events
- Assume role of product expert and champion with Media
- Assist in planning and development of sales material, advertising and promotion activities including print, electronic, and direct mail outlets
- Maintain analysis of competitive pricing and features
- Work with writers by providing technical and promotional materials
- Conduct market surveys on current and new product concepts
- Define effective positioning for each product
- Develop pricing structure for new and existing products
- Present product details and brand objectives to internal and external entities
- Provide technical details and training to Customer Service and Sales Reps.
ADDITIONAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Other duties as assigned.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required.
EDUCATION/CERTIFICATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- • Bachelor’s degree (B.S.) or equivalent from technical school; or 5 years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Communication proficiency
- Excellent English language written and oral communication skills
- Technical Capacity
- Must be proficient in Excel, Word, and Weatherby specific systems.
ACCOUNTABILITY AND MEASURES:
- Gross sales will be measured against goal
- Margin analysis will be measured against goal
- New product sales will be measured as a percentage of sales, against goal
- Meet objective goals assigned by CEO/President during quarterly performance coaching.
While performing the duties of this job the employee is required to acknowledge:
- Working expectations: This is largely a sedentary role, however while performing the duties of this job the employee is occasionally required to stand; walk; sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools or controls; reach with hands and arms; climb stairs; balance; stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl; talk or hear; taste or smell.
- Specific vision abilities: Specific vision abilities required by the job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
- Weight requirement: Office/clerical- The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 42 pounds and carry up to 15 pounds.
AMERICANS WITH DISABILITY SPECIFICATIONS PHYSICAL DEMANDS:
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is not exposed to weather conditions. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate. This job operates in a clerical office setting, routinely uses standard office equipment including computers, telephones, photocopiers, filing cabinets and fax machines. While performing the duties of this job, this position may be exposed to the manufacturing environment and be exposed to fumes or airborne particles, moving mechanical parts and vibration. The noise level in this work environment can be loud.
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER:
Weatherby is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. You will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.
If you have the skills, experience and background that match the requirements of this position, please complete and submit an employment application, cover letter of introduction and resume by responding to HR@weatherby.com.