|Reports to: VP of Manufacturing & Engineering||Department: Engineering|
Lead the engineering team to design and develop products and manufacturing processes in support of new product development and continuous improvement.
It is essential for all employees to adhere to Company policies.
- Lead the engineering and development of high quality, robust products and processes based on strong product knowledge, customer needs, performance specifications, product testing and validation.
- Lead the evaluation and optimization of product designs for manufacturing, quality and cost. Support sourcing and international suppliers of products and components to optimize designs for product performance, delivery and cost.
- Provide support to the manufacturing value streams to achieve goals of Safety, Quality, Delivery, Cost with the use of Lean methods and engineering. Manage the development or improvement of production methods tooling, assembly methods, capital equipment, and gaging to ensure value streams are operating at optimum performance. Oversee the final selection of new capital equipment and equipment suppliers.
- Operate as a cross-functional team member bringing together functions such as Product Management, Manufacturing and Sourcing in order to accomplish project objectives. Ensure engineering deliverables are met for new product and continuous improvement projects. Act as project manager for new product implementation and continuous improvement projects, coordinating all functions to achieve business objectives of quality, delivery and cost.
- Lead the team to effectively develop and apply product development principles, engineering best practices and procedures such as QFD, FMEA, 3D CAD, GD&T, mechanical analysis, FEA, reliability and validation and DFM principles.
JOB SPECIFICATIONS (Knowlegde, Skills, Abilities, & Behaviors):
- Bachelor's degree in Mechanical Engineering or related discipline
- Ten or more years of complex technical experience with product and process design and development and optimization. Three or more years of supervisor experience. Firearm design experience preferred.
- Demonstrated knowledge of a variety of materials such as steel, wood, and composites and high-volume manufacturing processes.
- Demonstrated leadership capability with cross-functional teams
- High degree of flexibility and ability to manage multiple projects and resources across a wide range of assignments.
- Demonstrated skills and experience with GD&T, FMEA, DOE, QFD, mechanical analysis, Finite Element Analysis, reliability and validation, DFM and manufacturing practices.
- Demonstrated advanced problem solving and robust engineering skills (DMAIC).
- Excellent skills in interpersonal communication and teamwork.
- Understanding of Lean methods including Kanban, 5S, Standard Work, Quick Changeover and Built in Quality.
While performing the duties of this job the employee is required to acknowledge:
- Working expectations: ability to stand; walk; sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools or controls; reach with hands and arms; climb stairs; balance; stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl; talk or hear; taste or smell. The employee will be subject to prolonged standing. The employee must be able to manipulate and assemble small parts. Or This is largely a sedentary role, however while performing the duties of this job the employee is occasionally required to stand; walk; sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools or controls; reach with hands and arms; climb stairs; balance; stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl; talk or hear; taste or smell.
- Specific vision abilities required by the job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
- Weight requirement: Office/clerical- The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 42 pounds and carry up to 15 pounds.
AMERICANS WITH DISABILITY SPECIFICATIONS PHYSICAL DEMANDS:
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is not exposed to weather conditions. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate. This job operates in a clerical office setting, routinely uses standard office equipment including computers, telephones, photocopiers, filing cabinets and fax machines. While performing the duties of this job, this position may be exposed to the manufacturing environment and be exposed to fumes or airborne particles, moving mechanical parts and vibration. The noise level in this work environment can be loud.
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER:
Weatherby is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. You will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.
If you have the skills, experience and background that match the requirements of this position, please complete and submit an employment application, cover letter of introduction and resume by responding to HR@weatherby.com.