Mark V Assembly
Weatherby, Inc is a World-wide firearms manufacturer and has an immediate full-time (nonexempt status) opening in our Mark V Assembly Department. This is a position for those who have a keen eye for detail and the ability to anticipate future needs of the team. Weatherby is open four days a week, 10-hour days, Monday through Thursday. Our company strives to maintain a fast paced work environment. Weatherby believes that employees are its most valued asset. This leads Weatherby to lean on the creative ability of the Mark V team to manufacture and test our high quality, bolt action rifles. Weatherby exists to inspire the dreams of hunters and shooters around the world by consistently delivering high-quality products to our customers.
Mark V assemblers are responsible for finishing raw parts, initial assembly, and fitting of parts, as well as final assembly of finished product. Each assembler will be trained to inspect and ensure finished product meets all specifications. Team members are asked to look at the processes with fresh eyes each day, looking for ways to improve quality and efficiency. You will love this job if you like to create quality products within a hands-on environment, feel ownership of your work and work well within a team.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Finish raw steel parts, to include sanding, buffing, bead blasting and polishing
- Operate pneumatic equipment
- Operate Computer Numeric Control (CNC) equipment
- Assemble components and subassemblies to specifications
- Perform final inspection for finished product.
ADDITIONAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Other duties as assigned.
- Understand the operation and functioning of rifles and shotguns and the interaction of their various parts
- Attention to detail to insure firearms are repaired properly and returned to factory specifications
- Work with service representatives to diagnose customer problems and keep them updated on progress using a computer reporting system
- Work with shop production planner to finish custom work and complete required work order documentation
- Use common hand tools to include files, chisels, hones, stock scrapers, and taps,
- Use machine tools to include drill press, mill, sanders and buffers
- Use a standard lathe to perform turning, facing, boring, and reaming operations, and cutting threads
- Polish firearms to a high gloss finish
- Knowledge of black oxide coating
- Knowledge of soldering and welding
Successful assemblers are able to perform all of the essential skills and abilities listed bellow as well as meet the knowledge requirements.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- High school diploma or GED; or six months to one year related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Manufacturing experience is a plus
- Communication Proficiency
- English language written and oral communication skills
- Ability to read and interpret documents including safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, procedure manuals and barcode labels
- Ability to write routine reports and correspondence
- Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral or diagram form
- Technical Capacity
- Ability to apply concepts of basic mathematics
- Ability to use and read measuring instruments
- Learning Orientation
- Ability to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations
- Time Management
ACCOUNTABILITIES AND MEASURES:
- Ensure that assigned orders are finished according to schedule
- Maintain the quality standards listed in the Weatherby10 Inspection and Test Quality Requirements
- Meet objective goals assigned by the Mark V Lead during performance coaching.
While performing the duties of this job the employee is required to acknowledge:
- Working expectations: ability to stand; walk; sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools or controls; reach with hands and arms; climb stairs; balance; stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl; talk or hear; taste or smell. The employee will be subject to prolonged standing. All team member will be able to manipulate and assemble small parts.
- Specific vision abilities required by the job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
- Weight requirement: Team member will occasionally lift and/or move up to 62 pounds and push/pull up to 67 pounds.
AMERICANS WITH DISABILITY SPECIFICATIONS PHYSICAL DEMANDS:
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The employee is not exposed to weather conditions due to our large indoor facility. While performing the duties of this job, this position will be exposed to the manufacturing/factory environment and be exposed to fumes or airborne particles, moving mechanical parts and vibration. The noise level in this work environment can be loud.
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER:
Weatherby is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. You will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.
California Department of Justice Certificate of Eligibility required.
If you have the skills, experience and background that match the requirements of this position, please complete and submit an employment application, cover letter of introduction and resume by responding to HR@weatherby.com.