|Reports to: VP Sales & Marketing||Department: Marketing|
|Supervises: Marketing Coordinators, Creative Designer and Digital Properties|
|Full time/Part time: Full time||Exempt/Nonexempt: Exempt|
This position is responsible for planning, directing and coordinating the marketing of Weatherby products, services and programs. We want to see the Marketing Manager use their skills to emphasize strategy and ensure alignment of the marketing plan with company goals. A commitment to build upon existing brand prestige and propel Weatherby into the next stage of growth through marketing efforts is essential.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES (other duties may be assigned):
- Assist in development and execution of the marketing strategy for the brand as a whole, new and existing products, campaigns, events, and digital marketing
- Collaborate among all internal departments, agencies and other vendor partners including freelance and contract personnel
- Work closely with the Sales team; enabling them to meet their commercial objectives by providing them with appropriate tools, materials and presentations
- Guide the day to day activities and ensure performance objectives of the marketing team
- Oversee social media presence and direct programs to improve social media reputation
- Undertake continuous research and analysis of the competitive environment and consumer trends in order to capitalize on market opportunities
- Plan and optimize Weatherby’s Corporate Partner Relationships
- Communicate with outside advertising agencies on ongoing campaigns and preparation of annual catalog and brochures
- Select, manage, and leverage Celebrity endorsements
- Generate corporate contracts and monitor fulfillment
- Prepare marketing activity reports
- Plan and produce hunts, tradeshows, photo and video production, and other marketing events
- Monitor and adhere to Marketing Master Budgets
- Responsible for promotional content directly related to company’s programs and corporate partnerships
- Develop and recommend pricing strategy
- Evaluate market reactions to advertising programs, merchandising policy, and product packaging to ensure the timely adjustment for customer satisfaction.
- Assist corporate attorney with legal aspects as it relates to company product owner’s manuals.
- Responsible for Weatherby website, including creative development, proofing and revising
- This position manages employees and is responsible for the hiring, firing and performance management of those employees. At Weatherby, we supervise others with a coaching mentality and excellent communication. People skills are essential.
- Every Weatherby supervisor is required to provide a safe and effective working environment and to support the well-being of each employee through awareness, education and appropriate training of drug and alcohol issues.
ADDITIONAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Other duties as assigned.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required.
EDUCATION/CERTIFICATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelor’s degree (B.A.) from four-year college or university is preferable; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Minimum of two years of experience in the hunting, firearms and/or outdoor Industry.
- Travel is required
- Communication proficiency
- Excellent English language written and oral communication skills
- Ability to read, analyze, and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, or governmental regulations
- Ability to write reports, business correspondence, procedure manuals and promotional content
- Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups or managers, clients, customers and the general public
- Ability to calculate figures and amounts, such as discounts, interest, commissions, proportions, percentages, area, circumference, and volume
- Ability to apply concepts of basic algebra & geometry.
- Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form
- Ability to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations.
- Other skills
- Proficient in Microsoft Office and Adobe Creative Suite.
- Internet navigation skills, e-mail program skills, and a good understanding of database programs required.
ACCOUNTABILITY AND MEASURES:
- Meet objective goals assigned by the Vice President of Sales & Marketing during quarterly performance coaching.
- Achieve satisfactory profit/loss ratio and share of market performance in relation to pre-set standards and to general and specific trends within the industry and economy.
- Ensure effective control of marketing results and that corrective action takes place as needed to be certain that the achievement of marketing objectives are within designated budgets
While performing the duties of this job the employee is required to acknowledge:
- Working expectations: This is largely a sedentary role, however while performing the duties of this job the employee is occasionally required to stand; walk; sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools or controls; reach with hands and arms; climb stairs; balance; stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl; talk or hear; taste or smell.
- Specific vision abilities: Specific vision abilities required by the job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
- Weight requirement: Office/clerical- The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 42 pounds and carry up to 15 pounds.
AMERICANS WITH DISABILITY SPECIFICATIONS PHYSICAL DEMANDS:
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is not exposed to weather conditions. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate. This job operates in a clerical office setting, routinely uses standard office equipment including computers, telephones, photocopiers, filing cabinets and fax machines. While performing the duties of this job, this position may be exposed to the manufacturing environment and be exposed to fumes or airborne particles, moving mechanical parts and vibration. The noise level in this work environment can be loud.
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER:
Weatherby is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. You will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.
If you have the skills, experience and background that match the requirements of this position, please complete and submit an employment application, cover letter of introduction and resume by responding to HR@weatherby.com.