|Reports to: VP Sales & Marketing||Department: Sales|
|Supervises: Sales Representatives|
|Full time/Part time: Full time||Exempt/Nonexempt: Exempt|
The Sales Manager is focused on results, knowledgeable of the product and utilizes productive communication with Distribution, Mass Merchants, Buying Groups, and Independent Dealers. This individual mentors the sales representatives to do the same and tirelessly push for increasing margin and gross saless. By collaborating with all departments, being a problem-solving group, and persevering through challenges creatively, monthly and annual sales goals become reality.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES (other duties may be assigned):
- Maintain an efficient, scheduled, and informed independent representative sales team
- Train and coach Sales Rep to focus on results and not get distracted on secondary goals
- Develop and improve upon the information flow to support sales growth
- Assist in the implementation of sales strategies, as prepared by the VP of Sales & Marketing
- Promote healthy relationships, through communication and excellent service, with existing customers and suppliers
- Collect, analyze, and evaluate sales data to increase process productivity
- Oversee distributor, mass merchant, conservation group, buying group, and dealer contracts
- Prepare proposals, agreements, sales reports, and presentations
- Represent Weatherby in consumer and business trade shows
- Coordinate all sales meetings and events, internally and externally
- This position manages employees and is responsible for the hiring, firing and performance management of those employees. At Weatherby, we supervise others with a coaching mentality and excellent communication. People skills are essential.
- Every Weatherby supervisor is required to provide a safe and effective working environment and to support the well-being of each employee through awareness, education and appropriate training of drug and alcohol issues.
ADDITIONAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Other duties as assigned. Travel should be expected.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required.
EDUCATION/CERTIFICATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelor’s degree (B.S.) and/or 5 years industry experience
- Communication proficiency
- Excellent English language written and oral communication skills
- Ability to read and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures and government regulations
- Organizational skills and time management
- Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form
- Technical capacity
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office and Information management
- Proficiency in internet navigation skills, e-mail program skills
- Ability to calculate figures and amounts, such as discounts, interest, commissions, proportions, percentages, area, circumference, and volume
- Ability to apply concepts of basic algebra & geometry
- Ability to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations
- Customer/Client focus
- Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups, managers, clients, customers and the general public.
- Gross Sales will be measured against goal
- Net expenditures will be measured against budget
- New product sales will be measured as a percentage of sales, against goal
- Meet objective goals assigned by the VP sales & Marketing during quarterly performance coaching
- Working expectations: This is largely a sedentary role, however while performing the duties of this job the employee is occasionally required to stand; walk; sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools or controls; reach with hands and arms; climb stairs; balance; stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl; talk or hear; taste or smell.
- Specific vision abilities: Specific vision abilities required by the job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
- Weight requirement: Office/clerical- The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 42 pounds and carry up to 15 pounds.
ACCOUNTABILITY AND MEASURES:
While performing the duties of this job the employee is required to acknowledge:
AMERICANS WITH DISABILITY SPECIFICATIONS PHYSICAL DEMANDS:
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is not exposed to weather conditions. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate. This job operates in a clerical office setting, routinely uses standard office equipment including computers, telephones, photocopiers, filing cabinets and fax machines. While performing the duties of this job, this position may be exposed to the manufacturing environment and be exposed to fumes or airborne particles, moving mechanical parts and vibration. The noise level in this work environment can be loud.
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER:
Weatherby is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. You will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.
If you have the skills, experience and background that match the requirements of this position, please complete and submit an employment application, cover letter of introduction and resume by responding to HR@weatherby.com.