|Reports to: Sales Manager||Department: Sales|
|Full time/Part time: Full time||Exempt/Nonexempt: Nonexempt|
This role provides sales assistance to all sales channels in the effort to meet our sales goals. It is essential that each sales representative excels in technical knowledge and procedural efficiencies to ensure accurate and timely delivery of products. It is also important that this role develop key relationships with outside sales reps, customers and clients in every sales channel.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Answer questions from and provide information to all sales channels and outside sales reps about existing and new products including features, availability and locating desired merchandise
- Receive, enter, process and follow-up on all orders for all sales channels including changes and returns ensuring delivery by specified dates
- Compute price, discount, sales representative’s commission and shipping charges
- Provide technical support and customer service for building a custom rifle
- Collaborate with all necessary departments regarding customer status/orders/returns or any issues and provide reports as requested
- Check inventory control and notify stock control departments of orders that would deplete stock
- Obtain Federal Firearm Licenses where needed and update accounts
- Receive and check customer complaints to expedite or track missing or delayed shipments
- Fill out contract forms, determine charges, collect deposits, issue discontinuation orders
- Represent Weatherby in a professional manner at a variety of firearms functions
- Prepare ATF (Alcohol Tobacco and Firearms) documents for Employee Purchase, ATF and DOJ traces of firearms and DROS (Dealer Record of Sale) records as needed
- Attend and work trade shows including show bookings, booth setup and tear down, transporting firearms to shows and representing the company throughout the show.
ADDITIONAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Other duties as assigned.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- Associate’s degree (A.A.) from two-year college or university; or 1-2 years related experience and/or training; firearms knowledge is preferable
- Communication proficiency
- Excellent English language written and oral communication skills
- Ability to read and interpret documents including safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions and procedure manuals
- Ability to write routine reports and correspondence
- Ability to speak effectively before groups of customers and employees
- Customer/Client focus
- Problem solving and analysis
- Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of United States measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals
- Ability to compute rate, ratio and percent and to create and interpret bar graphs
- Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral or diagram form.
- Ability to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations
- Time management
- Teamwork orientation
- Technical capacity.
ACCOUNTABILITY AND MEASURES:
Meet objective goals assigned by Sales Manager during performance coaching.
While performing the duties of this job the employee is required to acknowledge:
- Working expectations: This is largely a sedentary role, however while performing the duties of this job the employee is occasionally required to stand; walk; sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools or controls; reach with hands and arms; climb stairs; balance; stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl; talk or hear; taste or smell.
- Specific vision abilities: Specific vision abilities required by the job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
- Weight requirement: Office/clerical- The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 42 pounds and carry up to 15 pounds.
AMERICANS WITH DISABILITY SPECIFICATIONS PHYSICAL DEMANDS:
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is not exposed to weather conditions. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate. This job operates in a clerical office setting, routinely uses standard office equipment including computers, telephones, photocopiers, filing cabinets and fax machines. While performing the duties of this job, this position may be exposed to the manufacturing environment and be exposed to fumes or airborne particles, moving mechanical parts and vibration. The noise level in this work environment can be loud.
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER:
Weatherby is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. You will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.
If you have the skills, experience and background that match the requirements of this position, please complete and submit an employment application, cover letter of introduction and resume by responding to HR@weatherby.com.