|Reports to: Shipping and Logistics Manager||Department: Operations|
|Full time/Part time: Full time||Exempt/Nonexempt: Nonexempt|
Performs daily shipping and warehouse functions, maintaining a high volume of pick, pack and shipping.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES (other duties may be assigned):
- Operate lift trucks or hand trucks to convey, move or hoist materials to proper areas
- Pick and pack orders
- Wrap and strap pallets
- Load and unload trucks
- Build boxes
- Operate forklift
- Perform all computer functions necessary to track and ship orders
- Run orders into MAS (accounting software)
- Run Kardex machine
- Prepare labels and bills of lading
- Keep guns rotated and merchandise stocked
- Maintain the work area (both warehouses) and equipment in a clean and orderly condition
- Follow prescribed safety regulations.
ADDITIONAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Prepare inventory for bank audits and ATF
- Perform annual inventory
- Maintain inventory of shipping materials and supplies
- Finish and prep unfinished guns
- Assemble components
- Perform general maintenance
- Assist Receiving as needed
- Count received materials
- Pull gunsmith and custom department parts
- Move product from one warehouse to another
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- High school degree; or six months to one year factory related experience and/or training in shipping/receiving; or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Communication Proficiency
- Excellent English language written and oral communication skills
- Ability to read and interpret documents including safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, procedure manuals and barcode labels
- Ability to write routine reports and correspondence
- Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral or diagram form
- Organizational skills
- Technical capacity
- Ability to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations
- Time management
- Ability to apply concepts of basic mathematics
ACCOUNTABILITIES AND MEASURES:
- Meet objective goals assigned during performance coaching
- Pull, pack and ship orders with a high level of accuracy
- Maintain a high level of volume in pick, pack and shipping
While performing the duties of this job the employee is required to acknowledge:
- Working expectations: While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to stand, often for prolonged periods; walk; use hands to finger, handle or feel; reach with hands and arms. The employee is occasionally required to sit; climb or balance; and stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl.
- Specific vision abilities required by the job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
- Weight requirement: The employee must routinely lift and/or move up to 55 pounds, push up to 87 pounds and pull up to 130 pounds.
AMERICANS WITH DISABILITY SPECIFICATIONS PHYSICAL DEMANDS:
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee may be exposed to weather conditions. While performing the duties of this job, this position operates in a manufacturing environment and may be exposed to fumes or airborne particles, moving mechanical parts and vibration. The noise level in this work environment can be loud.
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER:
Weatherby is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. You will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.
- Valid Driver's License and Proof of Insurance
- Forklift Operator License.
If you have the skills, experience and background that match the requirements of this position, please complete and submit an employment application, cover letter of introduction and resume by responding to HR@weatherby.com.