|Reports to: Controller||Department: Accounting & Finance|
|Full time/Part time: Full time||Exempt/Nonexempt: Exempt|
The Senior Staff Accountant is responsible for the completion of daily, monthly and annual general accounting duties including general ledger reconciliation, budgeting and performance reporting, debt compliance, and sales and use tax reporting. This team member will work closely with other departments to ensure accurate and timely financial reporting.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Prepare monthly journal entries for various business activities
- Reconcile and analyze general ledger
- Design and implement key performance indicators (KPI’s) to drive data driven decision making
- Participate in Kaizen events to support continuous process improvement
- Prepare both internal and external financial statements and key reports
- Design, implement and document key business processes and controls
- Prepare and report borrowing base calculation and eligibility reports to the bank
- Assist in the annual budgeting and quarterly re-forecasting process
- Reconcile and post daily cash activity, including credit card transactions
- Review new customer accounts and proposed credit terms
- Work directly with customers to collect past due balances
- Calculate and report sales tax, property tax, and excise tax
- Reconcile bank statements
- Prepare depreciation and amortization schedules
- Actively participate in annual physical inventory count and account reconciliation
- Calculate LIFO reserve
- Support independent audit by providing supporting schedules and documents
ADDITIONAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Other duties as assigned.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting, Finance, Business Management or equivalent
- Experience with Big 4 Accounting firm or regional firm, or five years equivalent experience in private industry
- Technical accounting knowledge in the following areas: revenue recognition, cost accounting, inventory control and valuation, internal control design and evaluation (SOX experience preferred but not required), sales and use tax, payroll and income tax
- CPA license not required, but is a plus. Candidates working to obtain their CPA license should indicate progress completed on their application.
- Demonstrated Proficiency in Microsoft Office, including intermediate to high-level of proficiency with Excel
- Preferred industry experience in manufacturing or consumer goods
- Competency and comfortability with technology
- ERP implementation experience preferred
- General Capacity
- Ethical Conduct/Personal effectiveness and credibility
- Leadership/Decision making
- Time management/Organization skills
- Project management
- Financial Management Capacity
- Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals
- Ability to design complex spreadsheets and extract data from business system
- Ability to compute ratio, and percent and to create and interpret bar graphs
- Analytical ability
- Contribute to system Improvements
- Communication Capacity
- Excellent English language written and oral communication skills
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals.
- Ability to write routine reports and correspondence.
- Ability to speak effectively before groups of customers and employees
- Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form
ACCOUNTABILITIES AND MEASURES:
- Meet objective goals assigned by the Controller and VP of Finance during quarterly performance coaching
While performing the duties of this job the employee is required to acknowledge:
- Working expectations: This is largely a sedentary role, however while performing the duties of this job the employee is occasionally required to stand; walk; sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools or controls; reach with hands and arms; climb stairs; balance; stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl; talk or hear; taste or smell.
- Specific vision abilities required by the job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
- Weight requirement: Office/clerical- The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 42 pounds and carry up to 15 pounds.
AMERICANS WITH DISABILITY SPECIFICATIONS PHYSICAL DEMANDS:
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is not exposed to weather conditions. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate. This job operates in a clerical office setting, routinely uses standard office equipment including computers, telephones, photocopiers, filing cabinets and fax machines. While performing the duties of this job, this position may be exposed to the manufacturing/factory environment and be exposed to fumes or airborne particles, moving mechanical parts and vibration. The noise level in this work environment can be loud.
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER:
Weatherby is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. You will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.
If you have the skills, experience and background that match the requirements of this position, please complete and submit an employment application, cover letter of introduction and resume by responding to HR@weatherby.com.