Supply Chain Manager
|Reports to: VP of Manufacturing & Engineering||Department: Manufacturing|
Lead and manage the Supply Management organization. Develop and implement sourcing strategies and supply management processes for a variety of engineered materials, components, subcontract services, MRO, capital equipment, corporate services, accessories, and flashlights. Develop and manage strong domestic and international supplier relationships. Provide Weatherby with the best possible combination of quality, delivery, service, cost and risk from the supply chain. Build and present business cases to obtain organizational support for long-term strategic supply chain initiatives.
It is essential for all employees to adhere to Company policies.
- Ensure supply continuity, master production schedule and finished goods inventory levels meet customer demand. Anticipate, prevent and resolve issues prior to production disruptions.
- Develop and implement supplier scheduling and inventory processes including work order and purchase order creation. Lead the use and management of ERP/MRP programs to ensure data accuracy and overall effectiveness.
- Develop and implement supplier metrics for quality, delivery and cost and provide feedback to suppliers on a regular schedule. Evaluate and monitor overall supplier risk and implement plans to address. Drive continuous improvement of supplier performance according to goals. Identify and develop new suppliers as necessary.
- Lead competitive bidding, strategic negotiations and supplier engagments. Understand the tradeoffs between cost, volume, and quality in order to establish agreements that meet performance requirements and secure long term supply. Execute sound contracts including specifications, service levels, cost management, etc.
- Be an active member of the new product development team to develop sourcing plans and transition to high volume production. Identify new technology and alternate suppliers to achieve new product development objectives.
- Work closely with manufacturing value streams and logistics team to ensure goals of Safety, Quality Delivery and Cost are achieved.
- Develop an understanding of supplier manufacturing processes and costs as well as product design requirements and internal manufacturing processes. Plan, develop, and implement a cost reduction plan in support of business goals.
- Develop, implement and monitor budgets and plans of direct and indirect spend categories, aligning to business strategy, goals and objectives.
- Review, revise and implement supply management policies, procedures and guidelines throughout the company relating to agency law, legal compliance, ethical practices and best known methods.
JOB SPECIFICATIONS (Knowlegde, Skills, Abilities, & Behaviors):
- Bachelor's degree in suppy management, business, engineering or equivalent required.
- 8-10 years of directly related experience required.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills and persuasive negotiation skills; able to establish and maintain effective relationships and influence others and gain support to achieve results in a cooperative manner.
- Strong problem solving skills required.
- Understanding of relevant product design, manufacturing processes and Lean principles including Kanban.
- MRP/ERP experience required, APICS certification preferred.
- Intermediate level knowledge of business finance and accounting required.
- Travel 20-30% of the time may be required to visit suppliers, etc.
While performing the duties of this job the employee is required to acknowledge:
- Working expectations: ability to stand; walk; sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools or controls; reach with hands and arms; climb stairs; balance; stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl; talk or hear; taste or smell. The employee will be subject to prolonged standing. The employee must be able to manipulate and assemble small parts. Or This is largely a sedentary role, however while performing the duties of this job the employee is occasionally required to stand; walk; sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools or controls; reach with hands and arms; climb stairs; balance; stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl; talk or hear; taste or smell.
- Specific vision abilities required by the job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
- Weight requirement: Office/clerical- The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 42 pounds and carry up to 15 pounds.
AMERICANS WITH DISABILITY SPECIFICATIONS PHYSICAL DEMANDS:
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is not exposed to weather conditions. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate. This job operates in a clerical office setting, routinely uses standard office equipment including computers, telephones, photocopiers, filing cabinets and fax machines. While performing the duties of this job, this position may be exposed to the manufacturing environment and be exposed to fumes or airborne particles, moving mechanical parts and vibration. The noise level in this work environment can be loud.
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER:
Weatherby is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. You will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.
If you have the skills, experience and background that match the requirements of this position, please complete and submit an employment application, cover letter of introduction and resume by responding to HR@weatherby.com.