Vice President of Sales & Marketing
|Reports to: Chief Executive Officer/ President||Department: Executive, Sales and Marketing|
|Supervises: Customer Service Manager; Sales Manager; Marketing Manager|
|Full time/Part time: Full time||Exempt/Nonexempt: Exempt|
This role requires strategic leadership of the Sales, Marketing and Customer Service departments by an executive who has high capacity in each discipline, exemplary management and team building skills, while at the same time excellent collaboration with other executive members to accomplish amazing things together. Sales responsibility includes all aspects of directing our internal and external sales reps to maximize our domestic, international and conservation sales to reach the full potential of the Weatherby brand. Marketing responsibility requires building upon the existing brand prestige and taking it to the next level through innovative and creative measures that can be tracked with necessary metrics. Customer Service responsibility is about ensuring that each touch point leaves the customer with a positive experience that in turn leads to repeat sales and company loyalty. /p>
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Provide sales and profit forecasting for strategic planning.
- Strategic oversight of selling programs and pricing.
- Manage Sales Representative Agencies.
- Align sales to support Weatherby’s strategic objectives.
- Develop plans and strategies to increase revenue for each sales channel.
- Create strategic and innovative marketing plans that are creative, cutting edge and budget conscious, getting the most out of our resources.
- Creative Development includes advertising campaigns, product catalog, supplemental materials, social media and website content and maintenance.
- Event planning: trade shows, media hunts and promotional events
- Public, Industry, & Media Relations through VIP & Industry Pro Purchase Program, Loaner gun program, sponsorships and partnerships, ambassador programs.
- Inter-departmental support: graphic design, material development and printing, production, product instruction manuals, price lists, packaging, etc.
- Input into product development and market analysis to support
- Merchandise Program: develop products that add to positive marketing and serve as an additional revenue stream.
- Develop and implement policies and procedures to ensure industry leading, superior customer experience.
- Track, log, and collect data to provide continuous analytics to develop, maintain and constantly improve customer experience associated with product packaging, shipping methods, service, billing methods and procedures.
- Inter-departmental collaboration to create effective workflow for customer satisfaction
- Directly hire and manage your teams to be top contributors, constantly working at continual improvement among members and expecting passion and intensity in each function
- Mentor, train, and evaluate your staff to ensure top performance.
- Every Weatherby supervisor is required to provide a safe and effective working environment and to support the well-being of each employee through awareness, education and appropriate training of drug and alcohol issues.
ADDITIONAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Other duties as assigned.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelor’s degree preferably in Sales, Marketing or Business
- 10 + years’ experience in a related hunting or shooting industry with equivalent responsibilities
- Management of the Sales and Marketing functions
- Communication Proficiency
- Excellent English language written and oral communication skills
- Ability to communicate corporate strategies which provide benefit for all team members
- Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions; collaborate well with others
- Strong and proven external reputation in the Firearms industry
- Example of work ethic, positive problem solving and execution
- Teamwork Orientation
- Make others better when they are around you
- Connect people in creative ways to accomplish more
- Business Acumen
- Global supply chain management experience
- Personal Effectiveness/Credibility by being both an expert and an executor
- Presentation Skills
- Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers and the general public.
ACCOUNTABILITIES AND MEASURES:
- Gross sales: Overall sales will be measured against goal.
- Margin analysis: Gross margin will be measured against annual goal
- Market share analysis: Relative movement of category share will be measured
- New product sales: Percentage of sales generated by new products will be measured against goal.
- Effectiveness of marketing plan and execution to meet company goals
- Meet objective goals assigned by the President during quarterly performance coaching.
While performing the duties of this job the employee is required to acknowledge:
- Working expectations: This is largely a sedentary role, however while performing the duties of this job the employee is occasionally required to stand; walk; sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools or controls; reach with hands and arms; climb stairs; balance; stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl; talk or hear; taste or smell.
- Specific vision abilities required by the job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
- Weight requirement: The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 42 pounds and carry up to 15 pounds.
AMERICANS WITH DISABILITY SPECIFICATIONS PHYSICAL DEMANDS:
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is not exposed to weather conditions. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate. This job operates in a clerical office setting, routinely uses standard office equipment including computers, telephones, photocopiers, filing cabinets and fax machines. While performing the duties of this job, this position may be exposed to the manufacturing environment and be exposed to fumes or airborne particles, moving mechanical parts and vibration. The noise level in this work environment can be loud.
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER:
Weatherby is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. You will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.
If you have the skills, experience and background that match the requirements of this position, please complete and submit an employment application, cover letter of introduction and resume by responding to HR@weatherby.com.