New Weatherby® SA-08 Semi-Auto Shotgun Models: Deluxe and Waterfowler
Weatherby® has expanded its line of SA-08 semi-automatic shotguns with new Deluxe and Waterfowler models for hunters and shooters.
The SA-08 Deluxe features a hand-selected walnut stock with precision-cut checkering for a positive, responsive feel. A high-gloss finish on the stock and metalwork adds to the shotgun’s eye-catching appearance. The Waterfowler sports Mothwing Marsh Mimicry™ camo on its stock and metalwork, with the exception of the matte black bolt and trigger guard. Utilizing the moth’s biological patterns, Mothwing camo is designed to mimic and disappear into the surrounding environment.
“Like all SA-08 semi-auto shotguns, the Deluxe and Waterfowler are precisely balanced, and feel trim and lightweight,” said Brad Ruddell, Weatherby’s vice president of sales and marketing. “They offer the utmost in load versatility, as well as very reasonable prices. To assure reliable performance, we closely oversee factory testing, evaluation and assembly, and quality-check every shipment. The Deluxe is for those who prefer a semi-auto that is distinctive and a cut above, while the Waterfowler helps marshland hunters stay well concealed in their environment.”
Both models offer the proven dual valve system, which allows shooters to quickly adapt the shotguns to accommodate the widest load ranges, from ¾ ounce to heavy 3-inch magnum. Another benefit of the dual valve system is reduced recoil as compared to traditional single valve shotguns.
Other key features of the SA-08 Deluxe and Waterfowler:
• slightly “muzzle-weighted” balance point helps promote a smooth swing and follow-through
• CNC-machined receiver constructed of aircraft grade alloys to reduce overall weight without
compromising strength, and improve the gun’s balance for easier handling
• unique drop-out trigger system can be quickly removed for easy cleaning and reassembled
• chrome-lined barrels can withstand years of high-volume shooting and reduce the effort necessary to keep the barrel clean
• barrels have lengthened forcing cones for improved patterns and less shooter fatigue
• vented top rib for smooth follow-through after the shot; also dissipates heat
• Weatherby’s screw-in Integral Multi-Choke System is compatible with the Briley® thread pattern; each shotgun comes with Improved Cylinder, Modified and Full choke tubes that allow shooters to tailor their shot patterns for specific hunting applications
The Deluxe is available in 12 or 20 gauge with either a 26-inch or 28-inch barrel. The precise wood-to-metal fit is typical of guns that cost hundreds of dollars more. Manufacturer’s suggested retail price: $739.
Available in 12 gauge, the Waterfowler also offers a choice of 26-inch or 28-inch barrel length. With a lightweight and durable injection-molded synthetic stock, the gun tips the scales at a mere 6 1/2 pounds. Manufacturer’s suggested retail price is $699.
For more information, contact a local Weatherby dealer, call the company at (805) 227-2600 or visit www.weatherby.com.
Founded in 1945, Weatherby, Inc.’s line features the popular Vanguard® and legendary Mark V® rifles (production and custom), over/under and side-by-side shotguns in the classic Athena® and Orion® lines, semi-auto and pump shotguns, premium ammunition and security/shooting accessories. The company is based in Paso Robles, Calif., and invites all hunters and shooters to visit and join its free online community at www.weatherbynation.com.
NOTE: To access other Weatherby news and images, visit the online Press Room at www.weatherby.com/company/pressroom.