Before composite stocks and brushed stainless steel barrels, every Weatherby that fell into the hands of lucky hunters was rich walnut and blue steel. I pay homage to those days of traditional craftsmanship for hunters who still marvel at classic styling. I come complete with regal diamond-point checkering, a rosewood forend and grip cap, maple spacers and a Pachmayr Decelerator recoil pad. If that doesn’t speak volumes, then my legendary Mark V action and “Bo-whoop” magnum report says the rest.
- SUB-MOA accuracy guarantee (.99” or less 3-shot group at 100 yards when used with Weatherby® factory or premium ammunition)
- Accubrake Included Only On .378 Wby / .416 Wby / .460 Weatherby calibers
- LXX Trigger
- Fluted Bolt Body
- 54-Degree Bolt Lift
- Integral Recoil Lug
- Cocking Indicator
- Magnum 9-Lug or Standard 6-Lug Action
- Stock has been designed with a slimmer forearm and more distinctive lines and contours
- Grip diameter has been reduced
- Slight right-hand palm swell
- "AA" fancy grade Claro walnut Monte Carlo stock (French walnut on 460 Wby. Mag model)
- Fineline, diamond point checkering, rosewood forend and grip cap with maplewood spacers
- Pachmayr Decelerator recoil pad
BARREL AND METALWORK:
- Hand-lapped chrome-moly barrel with field crown
- Accubrake™ comes standard on 378, 416 and 460 Wby. Mag models
- Blued metalwork in high lustre finish
Learn more about the Mark V features HERE.
|Product Line||Mark V|
Specifications subject to change without notice.
50 customer reviews
300 Mark 5
I have had this rifle since early 1970's and the first animal killed was an
antelope in California at 300 yards. Great rifle, a little over kill for a goat.
Super Rifles Bought 2 Over 30 Years Ago Still Going Strong
Bought my beautiful left hand .240 Deluxe and .340 LaserMark back in the early 90s and they are both still going strong.They’ve functioned faultlessly in all weathers and have left me with wonderful memories of safaris and hunting trip which will last a lifetime. I’ve had many other rifles along the way but always end up back with my Mk.V’s !
Still Flat Shooting After Over 50 Years
My Mark V Has Taken Whitetail, Moose, Caribou, Grizzly And Dall Sheep From Canada, Alaska And Penna. Proud To Say All One Shot Kill's And Several At Over 400 Yards.
Like A Automobile Mgf's Motto, When Better Rifle's Are Built, Weatherby Will Build Them.
My brother has a .460 and has had for 30 years.His only "complaint" is that he wished he could have gotten one with open iron sights.He didn`t realize his eyes would hold out for so long.His friends all have fine pieces of craftsmanship themselves,but all want the the .460.He likes their jealousy a little bit too much if you ask me.
Simply the BEST!
Have had my .300 WBY Mark V, for 30 years. It is an amazing piece of craftsmanship. I have taken deer, moose, caribou, and bear with it.
Always meets sub moa.