- SUB-MOA accuracy guarantee (.99” or less 3-shot group at 100 yards when used with Weatherby® factory or premium ammunition)
- Adjustable Match Quality, Two-stage Trigger
- Fluted Bolt Body
- One-piece Machined Bolt Body
- Fully Enclosed Bolt Sleeve
- Vanguard Recoil Pad
- 3-Position Safety
- Cold Hammer Forged Barrel
- Integral Recoil Lug
- Hinged Floorplate
- European walnut stock
- Hand rubbed oil finish
- Monte Carlo cheekpiece
- Diamond point Fleur-de-lis checkering
- Exotic hardwood grip cap and forend tip
- Pachmayr Decelerator recoil pad
BARREL AND METALWORK:
- Matte, bead blasted blued finish
- 24" hammer forged barrel
- 375 H&H version comes with NECG adjustable rear sight and Williams Gun Sight Company hooded front sight
- 30-06 version does not have iron sights
Learn more about the Vanguard features HERE.
|Stock||Oil Finished Walnut|
Specifications subject to change without notice.
4 customer reviews
This is probably, the most beautiful rifle I've ever owned! I bought it in 375 h&h. it's as smooth as silk and shoots like a dream straight from the box! I love this gun!
I bought this rifle in the 375 H&H, topped it with a Leupold VX-5HD and I couldn't be happier. The gun shoots under an inch and is surprisingly easy with recoil.
I have two vanguards right now 257 and 375 both will shoot under an inch, the 257 will shoot half inch ( 5 shot group) with Barnes TSX 100 grain.
It's about time!
Finally, after waiting for decades, it took Weatherby to introduce a truly classic yet modern configuration in 30-06. Most hunters of middle age and younger have lost touch of how good a cartridge this is. Although I have yet to see one (it's mid-October 2017, and I only learned about it yesterday), I have already put in an order with my Weatherby dealer. As for value, how do you do it? And when it comes to quality, Weatherby is the last word. Performance? All of my Vanguards, and those of friends, shoot consistent groups in the one-inch range; better yet with smaller calibers like the 257 Weatherby Magnum. I'll have trouble waiting for this one!