I am a huntress who loves everything about the pursuit and will never surrender my femininity. It’s how I was made – with a form designed by women, for women. My graceful lines are befitting of the way I fit female shooters – with a shortened 13” length of pull, slender forearm, a slimmer grip with a gentle palm swell, and a higher comb for optimal scope-eye alignment. Even my recoil pad is special with an ergonomic cant to nest into the way a woman’s shoulder is built. I am a huntress, and my time has come.
- SUB-MOA accuracy guarantee (.99” or less 3-shot group at 100 yards when used with Weatherby® factory or premium ammunition)
- Adjustable Match Quality, Two-stage Trigger
- Fluted Bolt Body
- One-piece Machined Bolt Body
- Fully Enclosed Bolt Sleeve
- 3-Position Safety
- Cold Hammer Forged Barrel
- Integral Recoil Lug
- Hinged Floorplate
- Stock is made specifically to fit women
- Length of pull shortened to 13”
- Grip angle has been changed and made more slim and a slight trigger finger guide groove has been added for improved grip ergonomics
- Shorter, slimmer forearm and grip with right side palm swell for better balance and fit
- A higher comb to properly align a shooters eye with optics
- Fleur de lis checkering pattern
- Satin finish, Turkish A-grade walnut with rosewood forend and grip caps
- Recoil pad has been given a negative angle, has been reduced in size, and the toe canted away from the body to better fit a woman’s shoulder
BARREL AND METALWORK:
- Matte, bead blasted, blued finish
- Cold hammer forged 20-inch barrel
- #1 contour
Learn more about the Vanguard features HERE.
|Stock||"A" Grade Turkish Walnut|
Specifications subject to change without notice.
23 customer reviews
Picked this rifle up last year in 708 for my wife. It fit her perfectly and she decided this fit her best after shouldering 20+ guns. Two things right off the bat that this gun is lacking are a nice recoil pad, and a very nice trigger. I sent it to a gunsmith and had them install a 1 inch limbsaver grind to fit recoil pad and a 2lb timney trigger. These 2 modifications made night and day difference. With handloaded 140 gr accubonds and a bipod this gun shoots half moa 5 shot groups and is fun for her to shoot. She rings a 8 inch plate at 600 yards 10/10 time on a regular basis. She shot a 130 class whitetail this past season at 426 yards and hit it perfectly and the buck dropped in his tracks. Overall I am very impressed with this rifle, it is the first weatherby in our gun safe, and definitely won’t be the last. If your wife needs a rifle, this is the one she needs to try, it will fit like a glove.
Purchased the Camilla in 7mm 08 and my wife could not be happier. The fit and finish for this level of firearm is amazing. My wife said the rifle just feels right and should help her confidence in well placed shots. Added a Zeiss 4-14 50mm scope which will make this rifle a great all around hunting tool.
'THE only rifle'
My Wife tried several other rifles (including a Vanguard 2) for an upcoming caribou hunt in Alaska. She's small so we had the Vanguard cut down to fit her but this made it 'barrel-heavy'. When we saw the Camilla, she shouldered it and we ordered one in .308 Win. immediately. She tried several bullets/weights and found 'the' one her rifle likes. Off to Alaska and one shot at 225 yards downed a very respectable bull caribou. A few weeks later, she bagged an 80.5" buck pronghorn. Excellent fit, form & function. This is THE only rifle she will ever use.
Purchased the Camilla in 7mm/08. At the range it consistently shoots 1/4 inch groups at 100 yards using nosler 120 grain ballistic tip factory ammo! Overall fit, finish excellent, and very well balanced. Very impressed, can't wait for hunting season!
I didn't realize I had never shot a rifle that fits until I shot my Camilla. I am in love! It is beautiful and a perfect fit. I cannot say enough positive things about this gun!