Accuracy is all about the barrel folks, and my H-BAR is one heavy-duty workhorse. So it’s no surprise that I easily earned my RC (range certified) credentials when put through the Oehler Ballistic Imaging System for SUB-MOA performance. Am I proud? Yes. Confident? Absolutely. Do I let it make me arrogant? Hell no. I’m just all about making the shot with a 20” #3 contour, threaded, free-floated barrel. It’s my backbone and your rock-solid assurance that together, we’ll get the job done.
- Range Certified with SUB-MOA accuracy guarantee (.99” or less 3-shot group at 100 yards when used with Weatherby® factory or premium ammunition)
- Comes with printout from Oehler Ballistic Imaging System, including specific load/ballistic data and computer image of actual 3-shot group. Signed and certified by Adam Weatherby
- Adjustable Match Quality, Two-stage Trigger
- Fluted Bolt Body
- One-piece Machined Bolt Body
- Fully Enclosed Bolt Sleeve
- 3-Position Safety
- Cold Hammer Forged Barrel
- Integral Recoil Lug
- Hinged Floorplate
- Hand-laminated, composite Monte Carlo composite stock with beavertail forearm and strategically placed vents to dissipate heat
- CNC-machined aluminum bedding plate provides a solid, stable platform for the barreled action
BARREL AND METALWORK:
- Matte, bead blasted, blued finish
- 20-inch #3 contour threaded barrel
- Thread patterns: 1/2-28 for 223 Rem and 5/8-24 for 6.5 Creedmoor and 308 Win
- Range Certified engraved floorplate
Learn more about the Vanguard features HERE.
|Product Line||Range Certified, Vanguard, Weatherby Shooting Systems|
Thread patterns: 1/2-28 for 223 Rem and 5/8-24 for 6.5 Creedmoor and 308 Win
Specifications subject to change without notice.
4 customer reviews
Secondary Weatherby Vanguard first one 7mag 45years still shoot under 3/4". Super tact driver, only thing I did was changed the trigger, OLD TRAPSHOOTER, could not handle two stage trigger. Gun will shoot under 1/2" with 55gr Berger VMHP. Less with 65gr SGK.
Only thing I changed was the two stag trigger. I have no need to flinch anymore than I do.
I recently bought a brand new RC in .223 - the trigger, among other things, is my favorite feature of this gun. I purchased 2012 model - but it was new at a close out price online. Not sure what improvements they could have made - but I'm buying the current model in same caliber for varmint contest entry with my sons. I own 4 accumark rifles in different calibers and the recent acquisition of the RC model was a great investment. 3/4" groups at the range and healthy confidence in the field. I love my Weatherby rifles. I put Leupold scopes on all of them - it's excellent pairing for what I do... highly recommend.
Way more accuracy than expected
I own 4 Accumark rifles in 300 win mag, .257 Weatherby mag, .270 and 22-250... then I bought the 4 year old version of this gun. It's phenomenal accuracy and a third of the price of the accumark. Added a new Leupold VX/3i in 4.5-14x50 and it's as accurate a rifle as I've ever shot. I own it in .223 - with solid shot placement, I'm comfortable shooting whitetail at up to 300 yards (neck shots - cull animals only). Excellent gun at a serious value price.