Let me tell you a magazine story about myself. It begins with my upbringing in the Weatherby family, where I inherited my strong Vanguard bolt action and pinpoint-accurate cold hammer forged barrel. The story goes on to describe my element-repelling Griptonite® Monte Carlo stock and bead-blasted blue metalwork. The high point of the magazine story revolves around my magazine itself – a detachable box design that deploys with a click and removes with a press of a button when the sun sets on your hunt.
- SUB-MOA accuracy guarantee (.99” or less 3-shot group at 100 yards when used with Weatherby® factory or premium ammunition)
- Adjustable Match Quality, Two-stage Trigger
- Fluted Bolt Body
- One-piece Machined Bolt Body
- Fully Enclosed Bolt Sleeve
- Vanguard Recoil Pad
- 3-Position Safety
- Cold Hammer Forged Barrel
- Integral Recoil Lug
- Detachable box magazine is easily extracted at the push of a button
- Reduces weight by ¼ pound (as compared to Vanguard® Synthetic)
- Monte Carlo Griptonite® stock
- Pistol grip and forend inserts
- Right side palm swell (aids shooter comfort and control)
BARREL AND METALWORK:
- Matte bead blasted blued finish
- 24", #2 contour barrel
Learn more about the Vanguard features HERE.
Specifications subject to change without notice.
You might also like...
6 customer reviews
Outfitted my rifle with used Nikon monarch 4x12 . On paper 1st shot 7more to zero, then 3 straight -1" groups Ammo: 30-06 Winchester 150 power point, Federal 165trophy bonded tip.shot both perfect. feed with DBM smooth and flawless. 100% satisfied with this Equipment. 63 waited a lifetime to own a weatherby.
good accuracy good value
I have two Vanguards.. 270 win, 7mm rem mag..
my 7mm mag is my precision gun.. with a few small modes I get 1\2 MOA consistantly.. where else can you get this for the price.. Weatherby is the best..
I bought this rile (.30-06) with a Redfield Revenge scope. I've shot a handful of times before and am finding I am hitting inside a 2" square every time from 75-100 yards. So, I guess it's a good gun.
Got this rifle for my b-day and left for an elk hunt 2 days later. Only had shot is about 10 times. We got within 1233 yrds of a 399 inch arizona bull. The 270 was plenty to stop him in his tracks.
Excellent out of the box accuracy
Bought in 300wby caliber, lives up to the sub Moa guarantee. Very well worth the money.