The rest of the Vanguards might say I’m the bad boy of the family. Compliment accepted. But remaining at the heart of my modular chassis design is the legendary Vanguard action affixed to a CNC-machined, 6061 aluminum chassis with a black, hard-anodized finish. My svelte, minimalist fore-end features hole spacing for Magpul MOE L5 (11-slot) and L3 (7-slot) accessory rails for true customization. There’s also a stud for a bipod or sling. I’m always ready for action with an oversize trigger guard for gloved shooting and a polymer magazine that’ll take 10 cartridges. Now let’s go shooting.
- SUB-MOA accuracy guarantee (.99” or less 3-shot group at 100 yards when used with Weatherby® factory or premium ammunition)
- Adjustable Match Quality, Two-stage Trigger
- Fluted Bolt Body
- One-piece Machined Bolt Body
- Fully Enclosed Bolt Sleeve
- 3-Position Safety
- Cold Hammer Forged Barrel
- Integral Recoil Lug
- Hinged Floorplate
- CNC machined, hard anodized, 6061 aluminum chassis
- Hole spacing for Magpul L5(11 slot) and L3 (7 slot) rails
- Fully adjustable LUTH-AR MBA-1 buttstock.
- Hogue Overmolded grip with finger grooves
- Detachable polymer 10 round magazine
BARREL AND METALWORK:
- Matte, bead blasted, blued finish
- 20-inch free floated, threaded barrel
- Thread patterns: 1/2-28 for 223 Rem and 5/8-24 for 6.5 Creedmoor and 308 Win
- #3 contour
Learn more about the Vanguard features HERE.
|Product Line||Vanguard, Weatherby Shooting Systems|
Thread patterns: 1/2-28 for 223 Rem and 5/8-24 for 6.5 Creedmoor and 308 Win
Specifications subject to change without notice.
You might also like...
16 customer reviews
I have been shooting Weatherby since the early 80's. I have never been disappointed in the quality or performance. This is rifle not an exception. The rifle is quality build and affordable. Here is my setup: 6.5 Creedmoor, Hornady 140 grain ELX Match, Leupold VX-3i LRP 6.5-20X50mm, Vanguard Rings and a Surefire ProComp Muzzle Brake. I shot a 1/2" 3 shot group at 300 yards. I will push it to 600 yards on the next outing. Final Word: You can't go wrong when you have a Weatherby in your hands.
Amazing rifle, best bang for the money.
I was looking at the Ruger precision rifle but then my eye caught the vmc. I have it in 6.5, topped with a Nikon prostaff 5 FFP BDC 4.5-18×40 and I'm loving it. Every round ejects smoothly and the two stage trigger is crisp and consistent. Very comfortable rifle to shoot.
Have bought this in a .308 here in Western Australia, combined with a Nightforce NXS 5-22 scope. Very very impressed with the quality of the product and accuracy. Highly recommended.
Far better than the Mossberg or Ruger options
We are a Weatherby family but looked at alternatives. For weight, smooth action and performance we are very happy with this choice. The Savage model 10 was no comparison either.
YES buy it!
I bought the .223 and LOVE it, I have it topped off with a Lucid 25power scope.
Out of the box performance is killer! I will be buying the 6.5 within the next 6 months!!!!