Does my stock require special torque procedures when tightening the screws attaching the stock to the action on my Weatherby® rifle?
Screws for wood stocks have a torque specification of 35 inch pounds. Please note, however, that you should tighten the rear screw first and then the front screw.
If yours is a Fibermark® or an Accumark® stock, the torque specification is 55 inch pounds.
The correct assembly procedure is:
- Tighten the rear trigger guard screw first to 30 inch pounds.
- Align the barrel to the center of the barrel channel in the fore stock.
- Tighten the front trigger guard screw to 30 inch pounds.
- Tighten the rear screw to 50-55 inch pounds.
- Finally, tighten the front trigger guard screw to 50-55 inch pounds.
Applying this method, using a torque screwdriver of the proper size, will insure the proper fit between the receiver, and custom aluminum bedding block, as well as the proper positioning of the barrel in the barrel channel.Back